We're excited to host two virtual book clubs focused on professional development and lifelong learning for CSU alumni. The groups will be online communities where alumni can connect with each other and enjoy books. Participation is completely free for alumni.
You can sign up at www.pbc.guru/csuohio or keep reading to learn more.
Professional Development Book Voting Now Open
Help us choose our next selection. Vote here and stay tuned to find out the winner.
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreyrou. Check it out here.
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth. Check it out here.
- Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success by Adam Grant. Check it out here.
How it Works
The Business and Professional Development book club will focus on a range of professional and personal growth topics including business, management, leadership and innovation. The Lifelong Learning book club will explore a range of topics related to social sciences, current affairs, interpersonal skills, harnessing creativity and social justice. Each book club will connect through a private online forum where people can discuss the current book and network with each other. Again, joining a book club is completely free for alumni; you'll just have to get a copy of the book to enjoy. The group will read a book every two months so you'll have plenty of time for each book. You can sign up and learn more here:www.pbc.guru/csuohio
Why Should You Join?
There are three reasons we hope you'll be excited to participate in one of our alumni book clubs:
- Connect with fellow alumni: Want to connect with intelligent, driven and interesting people? Joining the book club will introduce you to alumni across industries, generations and geographies to help you improve your network.
- Advance your career: A professional book club enhances your career on two fronts. First, the books you read will make you more effective in areas critical to success like leadership, communication and productivity. Second, the network you'll be building can help you with career advice, introducing you to the right people and finding your next job.
- Reading is good for you: Did you know business people who read at least seven business books per year earn over 230% more than people reading just one book per year? Or that reading improves your intelligence, reasoning ability and has been linked to reducing the chance of Alzheimer's? Joining one of our book clubs will help you read more and enjoy all the benefits that come with it.
The book clubs will be managed by PBC Guru. PBC Guru manages professional book clubs for companies and alumni associations and will be moderating the group to help make this program a great experience for all participants. If you have any questions about the program or their work, please email them at email@example.com.